Sunday, September 7, 2014

Our Children Do Not Need to Walk Alone

This world is full of trials, troubles, turmoil and turbulence. Each day as I send my three kids out into the world, I hope for their safety. Although physical safety is always a concern, I'm so much more worried about their spiritual safety. I know that once they are beyond the walls of our home, I can't protect them from the onslaught of fear, doubt, and misery that abounds. The only thing I can do is to prepare them the best I can to protect themselves.

Sis Rosemary Wixom, in the October 2010 General Conference, said, "The world will teach our children if we do not, and children are capable of learning all the world will teach them at a very young age. What we want them to know five years from now needs to be part of our conversation with them today. Teach them in every circumstance; let every dilemma, every consequence, every trial that they may face provide an opportunity to teach them how to hold on to gospel truths."

I believe the promises of many prophets foretelling of the safety and protection offered in the scriptures. Family scripture study has become one of the most important parts of my parenting. I'm not perfect at it, we are constantly trying something new or starting over, but I have a testimony that the hard work is worth it.

Sis Wixom says, "We do not need to be perfect—just honest and sincere. Children want to feel as one with us. When a parent says, “We can do it! We can read the scriptures daily as a family,” the children will follow!"

Good News! My Small and Simple Keys of Protection: A Guide to Study the Book of Mormon With Your Children will be available for purchase by the end of September.  I have many parents and grandparents who have read and used the book. The feedback is fantastic. I've been told that the study guide makes scripture reading easier and more interactive. 




You can do it! You can send your kids out the door armed with the gospel each day.


https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2010/10/stay-on-the-path?lang=eng&query=children+and+book+of+mormon




No comments:

Post a Comment